We love quality
Achievements and Awards
1. Declared Best Polytechnic of Punjab by Praxis Media, New Delhi.
2. Awarded Best Polytechnic in Punjab in 2019 at Better India Education Awards 2019 organised by Today Research and Ratings at New Delhi.(Also received award in 2018)
3. Awarded Best Polytechnic College of North India-2017 out of nine States by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
4. Awarded Excellent Polytechnic College, Punjab 2017 at 2nd National Punjab Education Summit held at Chandigarh.
5. Mehr Chand Polytechnic College selected as ‘Community College of Punjab’ by M.H.R.D., Govt. of India under the scheme-200 community colleges on Pilot Basis.
6. Mehr Chand Polytechnic College selected for Institutional capacity building under UKIERI by British Council (2014-15). Under this scheme Hackney Community College, London, was selected as the partner college for faculty exchange program.
7. Declared Best Polytechnic Institute of North India – 2013 by One Planet Research, New Delhi.
8. Received Best Polytechnic Award 2011 in the Northern Region from NITTTR, Chandigarh. (Also Adjudged best polytechnic in the northern region in 2003).
9. Awarded Accreditation Status by NBA of AICTE New Delhi in four Disciplines in 2006.
10. First Polytechnic College of Punjab amongst the Govt. and Govt. aided Polytechnic Colleges to start the evening shift under self financing scheme.
11. ISO 9002: Certification in 1994.
12. Implementing scheme of CDTP (Community Development through Polytechnic) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India by establishing extension centres in near by schools & villages.
13. Winner of Inter Polytechnic State Tech Fest Trophy in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019.
14. Winner of Inter-polytechnic State Championship Kho-Kho Trophy in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
15. Winner of Inter-Polytechnic State Badminton Championship in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
16. Principal Sh. Jagroop Singh received “Asia Pacific International Award” at an International Seminar in Bangkok in May 2013 conducted by Global Achievers Foundation, New Delhi, for his contribution in the field of technical education and literature. He also represented Punjab in Conference held at International Education Dubai, UAE in 2018.
17. Department of Civil engineering was conferred a special appreciation award by Ministry of welfare and youth affairs for Best Survey Camp in Dalhousie (H.P).
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal in its official notification declared Mehr Chand Polytechnic College, Jalandhar, as one of the leading technical colleges of North India.
19. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was selected for the project Impact in 1991 started by Swiss Govt. It may not out of place to mention here that throughout India, only 12 polytechnics were selected for the project and from northern region only two polytechnics were approved. After the completion of the project, Mehr Chand Polytechnic College was declared as ‘Best Polytechnic’ among 12 polytechnics of India on the basis of Infrastructure, Training to students, results, resource generation etc.
20. Signed MoU with Hackney Community College, London for sharing best available engineering practices between two top community colleges.