AARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Architectural Engineering is a new branch introduced in the college from session 2013. This has been introduced after a great demand from the parents and students for the same.
Architects work in the construction industry and are involved with designing new buildings, extensions or alteration to existing buildings, or advising on the restoration and conservation of properties. They can work on individual buildings or on large redevelopment schemes and can be responsible fro the design of the surrounding landscape and spaces.
Architects works crossly with their client and user to make sure that projected designs match their needs and are functional, safe and economical. they usually control project from start to finish and work with number of construction professional, including surveyors and engineer’s, producing drawings and specifications that are construction teams work to.
Works Activities vary but typically include:
- discussing the objective , requirements and budget of project.
- Consulting with other professionals about design and environment
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposal to clients.
- Advising the clients on the practicality of the project.
- using IT in project design and management, specifically using computer-aided design software.
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadline.
- Producing detail working, drawings and specification.
- Specifying the nature and quality of material required.
- Preparing tender application and presentation.
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments.
- Preparing tender Documents for contracts.
- Project Managing and Helping to coordinate the work of contractors.
- Controlling a project from start to finish.
- Regular site Visit to check in progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is properly managed.
The Following Labs have been established in the college in a separate Building:
- Architectural Museum.
- Model Making.
- Other labs Include Building Material, Concrete Technology, Building Construction and Surveying .
Hod : 01
Lecturer : 04
Lab.Asstt : 01
Peon : 01
The department has the facility of fully equipped and spacious laboratories The department has the following laboratories which are equipped with various major apparatus given in the table below:
|Name of Laboratory||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Hydraulics Lab.||Bernoulli’s theorem Apparatus||Notch Apparatus||Francis Turbine||Venturimeter||Centrifugal Pump|
|Conc. Tech/Engg. Material Lab.||Digital Compression Testing Machine||Vicat’s Apparatus||Slump Test Apparatus||Compaction Factor Test Apparatus||Digital Balances||Pycnometer|
|Survey Lab.||Digital Theodolite||Digital Level||Ceylon Ghat Tracer||Pentagraph||Micro||Planimeter|
|Soil & Highway Lab.||S.P.T Apparatus/ Ductility Apparatus||Direct Shear Apparatus (Digital) / Viscometer||Automatic Compactor/ Vane Shear||Consolidometer (Digital) / Permeability apparatus||Los-Angles’s abrasion testing Machine||C.B.R Testing Machine|
|Structural Lab.||Universal Testing Machine (digital)||U.T.M (Mechanical)||Searle’s Apparatus||Rockwell Hardness testing Machine||Izod Charpy Testing Machine||Torsion Testing Apparatus|
|Environmental Lab.||PH Meter||BOD Incubator||Cond. Meter||Jar Test apparatus||D.O. Meter||TDS meter|